The terms “Rodem,” “us,” “our,” or “we” refer to Rodem. The terms “you” and “your” refer to a customer or viewer of Rodem’s Website.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AND HOW IS IT USED?
We may ask you to provide information through our Website. For example, when you:
- Create an account
- Subscribe to receive our emails, newsletters, informational literature, or other communications
- Request quotes on products
- Request a consultation
- Contact our representatives
- Contact us for other information
Examples of the information we collect include name, address, phone number, email address, company name, zip code, as well as other information you chose to provide which can identify you personally. While not personal information by itself, Rodem may also collect the following and associate it with your personal information: your interactions with our Websites and your actions in response to our communications to you.
Once we receive personal information through our Website, we use it for such things as:
- Improving and developing our products, services and Websites
- Communicating with you regarding quotes, consultations, questions, or other information that we think would be interesting to you
- Analyzing your activity with us, including interaction with our Websites
- Facilitating social media activity focused on our products and services
- Personalizing our communications with you
- Responding to any inquiries you may have
HOW IS INFORMATION OBSERVED OR COLLECTED THROUGH TECHNOLOGY AND HOW IS IT USED?
What Type of Technologies Are Used on Our Website?
We and our third-party service providers use technology to automatically observe and collect information whenever you interact with our Website. The following items describe some of the technology Rodem and its service providers may use to better understand your use of our Websites:
- Navigational Information: When you visit this Website, we collect navigational information such as browser type and version, service-provider identification, IP address, the site from which you came, and the site to which you navigate, and for visitors of our Website using a mobile version of our website, technical information about the device being used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device, and how images by appear on that device. Navigational information is largely anonymous in that it does not contain your name, address, phone number, email address, or other information that directly identifies you.
- Cookies: Cookies assign a unique identification to your computer and are typically stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser.
- Pixel Tag: A pixel tag (also known as Web beacons, Web bugs, or clear GIFs) is a nearly invisible small graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
How Do We Use Information Gathered Through Technology?
Information gathered through technology allows us or our third-party service providers to determine such things as which parts of our Websites are most visited or used, what products are browsed and/or purchased, the effectiveness of our Websites, and difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Websites.
We also use analytics tools such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick Cookies to collect non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics generated from your use of our Website. These tools collect information such as cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information—including information gathered from the use of our Website’s search engine, unique device identifier, and other similar information. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked to individuals.
HOW IS TECHNOLOGY USED TO SERVE OUR ADVERTISEMENTS ON OTHER WEBSITES AND WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE?
How Is Technology Used To Serve Our Advertisements?
We contract with third-party advertising companies to deliver tailored online display, search and banner advertising to you on other Websites. To serve this advertising, these third-party companies place, use, or rely on technology, such as cookies, clear gifs, and analytics tools, as you interact with us through our Website and interact with other Websites. Once this information is gathered, it helps us select tailored ads for placement on these other Websites.
What Choices Do You Have Regarding Online Advertisements And Other Technologies?
For information about opt out programs that these third party advertising companies participate in, and the effect of opting out, click the following: http://aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ for centrally managed online sites where you may specify your preferences under those programs, or http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/ and http://www.google.com/settings/ads for information from Google about its advertising technology on how you can control it.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We evaluate and select third-party service providers to work with us in developing and utilizing our Website. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers that assist in such things as developing and administering our Website, sending and administering emails, providing informational material to you, performing marketing services or other similar services.
If we were ever merged with or acquired by another company or sold substantially all of our assets, or if we acquire another business entity or substantially all of its assets or we are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity, and it may also be retained by us.
We will not otherwise share, sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so or based on our good faith belief that is necessary to conform with or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Website or the public.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION?
Newsletters: You may elect to no longer receive Rodem’s newsletters by following the unsubscribe instructions in the next newsletter email you receive.
Opting Out of Cookies: You may be able to set your web browser to notify when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also be able to clear cookies from your computer. Simply follow your browser’s instructions on how to block and clear cookies.
Advertising Technology: please refer to the information and links above in the “What Choices Do You Have Regarding Online Advertisements And Other Technologies?” section.
WHAT IS OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN?
Our Website is directed to adults and is not directed to children under the age of 13. Rodem does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
HOW DO WE PROTECT AND SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
This Website implements the following types of security measures: limited-access data centers, firewall technology, secure-socket-layer (SSL) certificate authentication, anti-virus and anti-malware software, and other similar measures. SSL is encryption technology that provides security for information that’s transmitted over the Internet.
While we implement the above security measures and take reasonable efforts to monitor our security protocols, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
WHERE SHOULD YOU DIRECT YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?