Alfa Laval In-tank Mixers
- LeviMag offers patented levitating impeller & advanced design maximizes process yield & minimizes waste with ability to mix to the final drop
- LeviMag delivers superior hygiene making it perfect for biotech, pharmaceutical & demanding hygienic & sterile applications such as those involving serums, vaccines, plasma fractions, bacteria & cell cultures, & APIs
- Rotary jet mixers effectively handle liquid mixing, gas dispersion, powder mixing, & tank cleaning while reducing mixing time, energy consumption & costs
Maximize process, minimize waste and ensure product integrity with Alfa Laval Tank Mixers.
LeviMag & LeviMag UltraPure
The Alfa Laval LeviMag® is a hygienic magnetic mixer that uses a patented levitating impeller and advanced design to mix down to the last drop and maximize product yield. Compact, energy-efficient and simple to maintain, it is ideal for dairy, food, beverage and other hygienic processes.
The LeviMag UltraPure offers superior hygiene making it perfect for biotech, pharmaceutical and demanding hygienic and sterile applications such as those involving serums, vaccines, plasma fractions, bacteria and cell cultures, and APIs.
- Optimized flow with higher efficiency and less energy consumption
- Mixing down to the last drop for maximum yield due to low agitation and dry-running capability
- Optimized Cleaning-in-Place thanks to full drainability
- Minimized downtime due to simplicity of maintenance
LeviMag & LeviMag UltraPure How It Works
A radial turbine installed inside the tank is rotated through the torque from a magnetic coupling. This generates mixing of the fluid inside the tank. The patented levitated design of the impeller makes the mixer fully drainable and able to run dry – hence it can mix to the last drop, resulting in maximum yield.
The unique design of the Alfa Laval magnetic coupling guarantees the levitation of the impeller at all times. This enables the complete drainability of process fluids and the free flow of CIP liquid and steam around all parts of the mixer, ensuring thorough cleaning. Impeller levitation also eradicates axial wear.
Rotary Jet Mixer
When using the Rotary Jet Mixer the capacity can be increased, resulting in greater productivity, higher product quality and improved utilization of process plant resources.
Designed for use in the brewery and beverage, dairy, personal care and biopharm industries, Rotary jet mixers effectively handle liquid mixing, gas dispersion, powder mixing, and tank cleaning while reducing mixing time, energy consumption and costs.
- Fast, effective mixing
- Ability to handle multiple applications
- Effective, simple design
Rotary Jet Mixer How It Works
The Rotary jet mixers are positioned under the liquid surface. Liquid is fed through the nozzles of the Rotary Jet Mixer. To reach optimal circulation in the tank, the system uses a closed circulation loop. Two or four nozzles rotate around both the horizontal and vertical axes. This double rotation enables the jets to reach the entire tank volume, resulting in fast, efficient mixing of the injected liquid, gas or powder.
For quicker mixing requirements, multiple rotary jet mixers can be installed in series. Additionally, it doubles as a tank cleaning device.
- Alfa Laval IM 20 Rotary Jet Mixer Product
- Alfa Laval IM 10 Rotary Jet Mixer Product
- Alfa Laval IM 15 Rotary Jet Mixer Product
- Alfa Laval IM 25 Rotary Jet Mixer Product
- Alfa Laval LeviMag Magnetic Mixer Product
- Alfa Laval LeviMag UltraPure Manual
- Alfa Laval Levimag Welding Guidelines
- Alfa Laval Rotary Jet Mixer IM 10 Manual
- Alfa Laval Rotary Jet Mixer IM 15 Manual
- Alfa Laval Rotary Jet Mixer IM 20 Manual
- Alfa Laval Rotary Jet Mixer IM 25 Manual