Engineered and built to meet the hygienic requirements of the dairy, food and beverage and personal care industries, the Alfa Laval LKH centrifugal pump series increase process productivity while providing high efficiency and gentle product handling. Alfa Laval also makes a high purity version of the LKH called the LKH UltraPure that is designed to meet the stringent demands of the biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
As Alfa Laval’s premium range of centrifugal pumps, the LKH centrifugal pumps offer high efficiency and low energy consumption. Various options ensure the LKH can meet a wide range of flow rates and pressures. As a designated Alfa Laval Pump SuperCenter we have LKH pumps in stock and ready to ship. Learn more about our on-hand LKH pump inventory.
High Efficiency Pump Design
An exact pump and motor design deliver high efficiency and gentle product treatment. The robust design and tight tolerances in combination with the advanced impeller design minimize recirculation and ensure the efficient transfer of energy. The impeller design ensures efficient and gentle handling of the product as it moves through the pump. The result is product integrity and minimized NPSHr ( Net Positive Suction Head required).
Minimal Energy Consumption
Efficient pump energy use presents a huge potential for energy savings. The optimized pump design and premium motor of Alfa Laval LKH centrifugal pumps often deliver greater energy efficiency than similar premium pumps and up to 50% compared to similar mid-range pumps.
Sanitary & Cleanable Design
Controlled compression gaskets, crevice free internals, an external mechanical seal, and an optimized impeller with balancing holes all ensure that the pump is sufficiently cleaned during a CIP cycle. To further safeguard hygiene, precisely aligned components and joints with O-rings tightened to a predefined compression minimize the elastomer product contact surfaces. Ask about the pharmaceutical grade version of the Alfa Laval LKH centrifugal pump.
Simple Service with External Shaft Seal
External shaft seal eliminates direct contact with the product and difficult-to-clean components. The front-loading design enables quick and easy replacement, providing more uptime with lower maintenance costs. Interchangeable single, flushed and double seals simplify spare parts inventory.
How It Works
- Pump range
- Available in 13 sizes to handle capacities up to 500 m3/hour and pressures up to 190 H/(m).
- Options include types of shaft seals, flushing arrangements and elastomers.
- Unique impeller design
- The semi-open impeller and special vane design ensures low NPSHr (Net Positive Suction Head required).
- This prevents cavitation and decreases the risk of mechanical damage.
- Balance holes in the impeller enhance circulation around the shaft seal and reduce axial forces. This reduces wear on the shaft seal and motor bearings.
- External shaft seal
- Simple, affordable and efficient maintenance with front-loading shaft seal, with the spring and washers mounted on the atmospheric side.
- There is minimal risk of seal opening during unforeseen pressure shock due to the balanced design.
- Optimized Shaft Seal
- A single shaft seal fits a wide pump range. The exact same LKH single shaft seal fits 11 models of LKH pumps as well as all models of the SolidC pump.
- The LKH seal also has the option of single or double flushed, which can be interchanged in minutes with only a few extra components.
- This standardization reduces inventory and makes wear parts replacement quick and easy.
- Compression couplings
- The compression couplings securely attach the stub shaft to the motor shaft with precision alignment. Setup is simple, operations secure and noise and vibration minimized. The coupling helps prolong the service life of both shaft seal and motor.