Ten Tips for Maintaining and Protecting Alfa Laval Rotary Lobe Pumps
Protect your investment and keep your rotary lobe pumps in tip-top shape with these ten tips from Alfa Laval.
- Commit to regular service and maintenance to guarantee optimal pump performance.
- Routinely check mechanical seals and gearbox lipseals for leakage and replace when needed.
- Check the oil level in the gearbox regularly and re-fill when necessary. Reference the manual for re-lubrication schedule. (Check our literature library for pump manuals!)
- While checking pump suction and discharge pressures, it is recommended to install pressure gauges on both suction and discharge sides of the pump. This ensures that any problems within the pump and stainless steelstainless-steel piping system can be monitored.
- Adhere to the technical data during all phases of pump use, including installation, operation and maintenance. Pay special attention to the warnings indicated in the documentation or consult a professional for questions and concerns.
- Always use Alfa Laval genuine spare parts which are designed for durability and performance.
- Ensure that the Alfa Laval rotary lobe pump is operating in accordance with recommended design parameters.
- If design parameters change, e.g. capacity/pressure/new liquid, check with Rodem, an Alfa Laval partner to ensure that the pump is still suitable for the application.
- Plan for preventative maintenance after 12 months to avoid unscheduled downtime and maximize lifetime and value.
- Watch Alfa Laval’s Service and Maintenance videos to see how to do simple maintenance on your Alfa Laval rotary lobe pumps.
For more tips on how to extend the life of your equipment, schedule maintenance or get a quote for genuine Alfa Laval spare pump parts, contact your Rodem representative.