- Monitor your process in real time with controlled precision
- Fast response time of less than 1 second
- Flush inline installation of sensor
- Ability to analyze product and CIP cycle
Turbidity measurement is an crucial parameter for the automation of many processes. Anderson-Negele offers hygienic turbidity sensors for almost every application.
The inline analysis of media based on their turbidity values enables automated, high-precision application in many production processes and application areas. These are primarily product differentiation, phase separation, process control and quality monitoring.
Turbidity Applications & Savings
In a variety of processes and CIP systems in dairies, breweries, the beverage industry, wine production, juice production and other food companies, turbidity sensors can measure liquids according to qualitative criteria in real-time and fully automatically. This give processors the ability to:
- Differentiate products and other liquids instantly and reliably and monitor them in the process (automated product changeover in real time). Result: Improved product yield and maximum utilization of resources
- Continuously monitor processes for their function, for example by controlling filters and separators. Result: Avoidance of production downtimes or damage to equipment
- Optimize the quality of products, e.g. to bring the turbidity of craft beer or the concentration of cream to the specified value in the most efficient way. Result: Higher and more precise product quality and avoidance of quality deviations
- Control the cleaning media and the flush water in the CIP return flow for reusability by analyzing the degree of contamination. Result: Maximum multiple use and thus saving of expensive CIP cleaners as well as reduction of water consumption and wastewater volume
- Monitor the filling process of products by ensuring that the correct fluid or the product in its correct concentration is filled into the packaging. Result: Avoidance of incorrectly filled products
- Monitor the integrity of the cooling circuit by continuously monitoring the chill media such as glycol for foreign matter caused by the ingress of other media. Result: Alarm signal before a failure of the cooling circuit can occur and thus avoidance of severe damage
Learn more about potential savings from turbidity meters.
ITM-51 Turbidity Sensor
Modular flush turbidity sensor for low to high turbidities 200…300,000 NTU, with IO-Link.
Ideal for e.g. phase separation, yeast harvesting, CIP return control.
ITM-4 Four-Beam Turbidity Sensor
For very low turbidities 0…5,000 NTU, for pipes from DN25. Ideal for e.g. efficiency improvement in separator automation, lauter tun and filter monitoring. Water management e.g. fresh and waste water control.
ITM-4 DW Four-Beam Turbidity Sensor
For very low turbidities 0…5,000 NTU, for pipes from DN25. Certified for water management e.g. fresh and waste water control.
GET A QUOTE
Speak with a Rodem representative to learn more about our turbidity sensors today by completing our online form or calling us at 800-543-7312.