Ten Tips to Maximize Performance for Alfa Laval Tank Equipment
With ideal operating conditions and regular maintenance, your Alfa Laval tank equipment will operate at peak performance for many years. Here are ten tips to help extend product lifespan and protect your costly cleaning investment.
- Follow scheduled service intervals to regularly maintain your tank equipment. This will always keep your Alfa Laval tank equipment in good working condition.
- Stick to the simple preventive maintenance schedule provided by the manufacturer to prolong the lifespan of your Alfa Laval tank equipment.
- Understand the basis for the preventative maintenance program. The proposed program from Alfa Laval is based on average operating conditions. If you are operating your tank equipment under more demanding or easier conditions, it is recommended to adjust service accordingly.
- Always follow the manufacturer guidelines for disassembly and reassembly of your Alfa tank equipment.
- Prior to assembly, always clean components in order to avoid extra wear on your tank cleaning machine and components.
- Only utilize cleaning media that are specified in the instruction manual.
- Ensure smooth operation by operating tank cleaning equipment only within ranges specified in the instruction manual.
- Following use, flush Alfa Laval tank equipment with fresh water. Cleaning solutions should never be left to dry or set-up in the system due to possible “salting out” or “scaling” of the cleaning ingredient.
- Always keep an Alfa Laval service kit on hand to avoid unplanned downtime.
- Use a service card to record the maintenance performed so that you can easily document the service history on your Alfa Laval tank equipment.
For more information on how to maximize the reliability of your Alfa Laval tank equipment contact a Rodem representative and learn more about boosting uptime.